Paramedics currently registered/certified/licensed in another Canadian jurisdiction are able to apply for licensure in New Brunswick under the Agreement on Internal Trade - Labour Mobility section as long as they have been practising within the last year and currently in good standing in their home jurisdiction.
All applicants will be evaluated in compliance with Chapter 7 of the Agreement on Internal Trade, Labour Mobility of Existing Practitioners: an applicant who is registered/certified/licensed in a Canadian jurisdiction will be granted registration/certification/licensure in an equivalent occupation, under the following conditions:
- The applicant is of good standing in their current jurisdiction;
- The applicant has met the continuing competency requirements imposed by the jurisdiction in which the paramedic is registered/certified/licensed;
- The applicant has completed and submitted the prescribed application form with related documents;
- The applicant's previous registration/certification/licensure has been verified;
- The applicant satisfies other competency and non-competency requirements pertaining to jurisdictional laws, regulations and by-laws;
- The applicant pays the fees including registration fees and applicable exam fees (Note: we do not accept personal cheques)
Those applicants who have not practiced within one year prior to their application for registration/certification/licensure may be required to undergo additional assessment and/or education.
Evaluation and documentation will be completed within 30 days of receipt of appropriate documents. If for any reason the applicant disputes or disagrees with the determination of the Registrar, application in writing to the Registrar for review of the decision may be requested.
Note: The exam includes medical-legal questions as they pertain to New Brunswick. Candidates are encouraged to consult the "Exam Preparation Material" under the Registration tab of the website to download documents in order to prepare for this portion of the exam.
Please download the document at the bottom of the page for a complete list of requirements and application forms.
- Applicants are required to submit a $100.00 non-refundable deposit (Note: we do not accept personal cheques) to secure their seat for the registration examination. Full payment of the exam fee is necessary before being admitted to the exam room
- Applicants must pay the registration fee before sitting for the registration examination. This can be done on the morning of the exam prior to starting. In the event that a candidate is unable to successfully write the exam in 3 attempts, the registration fee only will be refunded.
- Applicants are required to submit a valid Health Care Provider CPR card issued within the last 12 months. Also required is a Criminal Records Check which includes a vulnerable sector screening that was performed whithin 60 days.
- Verification of registration forms from any and all jurisdictions in which the Applicant is currently or has been previously registered, must be received by PANB by the application deadline or the candidate will not be eligible to write the exam.
IMPORTANT: Applicants will not be eligible to write the entrance exam is documentation is incomplete or if documentation and deposit are not received by 04:30PM on th application deadline, as indicated in the examination schedule and application for registration form. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all requirements are received. PANB will not contact applicants to inform them of missing documentation or fees. Successful applicants will receive a confirmation lettter via email that must be presented at the exam in order to write.
Registration under AIT package: Click below to download.
If you are currently or have previously been registered/licensed in a regulated profession other than paramedicine in NB or elsewhere, please submit a completed Verification of Registration for Regulated Profession other than Paramedicine form. Send to each regulatory body where registered and/or licensed currently or previously in a profession other than paramedicine. Additional copies of this form must be used if you have been registered in more than one province/territory. Click below to download.