A New Registrant is defined as a graduate from a Canadian Medical Association (CMA) accredited paramedic educational program (or equivalent) who has never been registered in any jurisdiction. These registrants are typically recent graduates from educational programs or who have not yet entered the Emergency Medical Services system.
Evaluation and documentation will be completed within 30 days of receipt of appropriate documents. If for any reason the applicant disputes or disagrees with the determination of the Registrar, application in writing to the Registrar for review of the decision may be requested.
All applicants will be evaluated utilizing the National Occupancy Competency Profile (2011), developed jointly by the Paramedic Association of Canada and the Canadian Medical Association. Please see the package below to apply for examination.
Note: The exam includes medical-legal questions as they pertain to New Brunswick. Candidates are encouraged to consult the "Exam Preparation Material" under the Registration tab of the website to download documents in order to prepare for this portion of the exam.
Please download the document at the bottom of the page for a complete list of requirements and application forms.
- Applicants are required to submit a $100.00 non-refundable application fee (Note: we do not accept personal cheques) to process the registration application. Full payment of the exam fee is necessary before being admitted to the exam room
- Applicants must pay the registration fee before sitting for the registration examination. This can be done on the morning of the exam prior to starting. In the event that a candidate is unable to successfully write the exam in 3 attempts, the registration fee only will be refunded.
- Applicants are required to submit a valid Health Care Provider CPR card issued within the last 12 months (from the date of the examination).
- Applicants are required to submit, from an approved source an Enhanced Police Information Check (E-Pic) that was performed within 60 days (from the date of the examination) Enhanced Police Information Check.
IMPORTANT: Applicants will not be eligible to write the entrance exam if documentation is incomplete or if documentation and deposit are not received by 04:30PM on th application deadline, as indicated in the examination schedule and application for registration form. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all requirements are received. PANB will not contact applicants to inform them of missing documentation or fees. Successful applicants will receive a confirmation letter via email that must be presented at the exam in order to write.
* If you are an existing practitioner in NB and would like to change your license to the next level, click here. If you are currently lisenced to practice in another Canadian province and would like to register in NB through Labor Mobility, click here.
New Registrant Package: Click below to download.
If you are currently or have previously been registered/licensed in a regulated profession other than paramedicine in NB or elsewhere, please submit a completed Verification of Registration for Regulated Profession other than Paramedicine form. Send to each regulatory body where registered and/or licensed currently or previously in a profession other than paramedicine. Additional copies of this form must be used if you have been registered in more than one province/territory. Click below to download.