Registration from International Jurisdiction
A Request for Registration from another Jurisdiction (other than Canada) is defined as a practitioner who is currently registered as a Primary Care Paramedic (PCP), Advanced Care Paramedic or equivalent, in good standing in another jurisdiction other than Canada within the last 12 months. The purpose of this process is to ensure all practitioners entering from another jurisdiction other than Canada are evaluated equally and fairly.
In order for an application to be considered from another jurisdiction other than Canada, the applicant must submit the following:
- A completed Application for Registration form
- Registration Fees
- Proof of successful completion of a Prehospital Emergency Medical educational program
- Proof of Registration status in another jurisdiction (other than Canada)
- Copy of a valid Health Care Provider CPR card (issued within one year)
- A Current (within the last 60 days) copy of Criminal Background Check. (including a vulnerable sector screening)
All applicants will be evaluated utilizing the National Occupational Competency Profile (2011), developed jointly by the Paramedic Association of Canada and Canadian Medical Association.
An applicant who is registered/certified/licensed in another jurisdiction other than Canada will be granted registration/certification/licensure in an equivalent occupation, under the following conditions:
- The educational program meets or exceeds Primary Care Paramedic curriculum;
- The applicant is of good standing in their current jurisdiction;
- The applicant has met the continuing competency requirements imposed by the jurisdiction in which the paramedic is registered/certified/licensed;
- The applicant has completed and submitted the prescribed application form with related documents;
- The applicant's previous registration/certification/licensure has been verified;
- The applicant satisfies other competency and non-competency requirements pertaining to jurisdictional laws, regulations and by-laws;
- The applicant pays the fees required
- Current (within the last 60 days) copy of a Criminal Background Check approved by the Registrar.
Please note we do not accept personal cheques;
Applicants who have not practiced within one year prior to their application for registration/certification/licensure may be required to undergo additional assessment and/or education (see Reactivation of Registration)
Evaluation and documentation will be completed within 90 days of receipt of appropriate documents (Completed). If for any reason the applicant disputes or disagrees with the determination of the Registrar, application in writing to the Registrar for review of the decision may be requested.
**APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WRITE THE ENTRANCE EXAM IF DOCUMENTATION IS INCOMPLETE, OR IF DOCUMENTATION AND DEPOSIT ARE NOT RECEIVED AT PANB BY THE END OF BUSINESS ON THE FRIDAY PRIOR TO THE EXAM. PLEASE CONTACT THE ASSOCIATION TO OBTAIN ANY INFORMATION AND THE APPROPRIATE FORMS.